Wednesday, February 15, 2012

What If's


I was very much decided to go to the gym after work today, but a really close friend, whom I haven't gone out with for a few weeks, invited me to hangout and eat dinner. I'm certainly glad I accepted the invite even if it meant missing my gym time, which I was honestly looking forward to, because it allowed me to reflect about some aspects of my life.

We had a good talk during our meal, but we also decided to catch and see a movie after. Upon checking the movie schedule, we noticed that UNOFFICIALLY YOURS was already showing. We decided to watch the movie together with a lot of other people who were surely anticipating its showing. The movie house was jampacked, and I couldn't wait to see if the movie was worth our money and time.


The movie was 1 hour and 45 minutes, and all I can say is that, it was REALLY REALLY WORTH our time. I shed tears in 3 or 4 scenes because the acting was awesome, the characters' chemistry were undeniably evident, and there was just so much to take in.

I have seen a lot of Filipino movies but I guess only a few will compare to this. The situation, the reality about love, and the lessons to be learned were all so REAL.


Even if I am not in an UNOFFICIAL relationship at this moment, I learned and picked up a few words of wisdom.

I realized that when one LOVES, it always comes with the RISK of getting H-U-R-T. You will definitely get hurt a number of times, but in the process you find TRUE LOVE as well. So NO RISK equals to NO LOVE.

Second, when you LOVE, there are more things to be FEARFUL of, which if you think about, is really normal. People suddenly become afraid of losing that someone, of getting hurt, of missing opportunities, but when we allow this FEAR to takeover  our decisions and plans then we lose the meaning of LIFE because we are too afraid to TRY and TAKE CHANCES, and therefore miss the things we could have experienced. When FEAR is present and overpowering our decisions in life, we take a lot of important things for granted.

Third, when you LOVE, you give and don't expect anything in return. You wait patiently and don't demand. True love WAITS.If it's meant for you, then it will come no matter what.

Our hearts get tired, and it's ok to feel that way. What's important is resting and taking the time to heal and make sure that we have enough strength to LOVE and BE LOVED again. We are not robots, and we must give ourselves that time, so that we could open ourselves again to all the possibilities out there.

The movie sank in really deep and my friend and I were speechless as we left the movie house.
I couldn't help but fall into silence after the movie. It was definitely a FEEL-GOOD MOVIE.

Personally, it made me think really hard of the choices and decisions I have made and are making. A few days back, I promised myself that I'd be closing a chapter in my life, and I decided to move on as if nothing bothered me at all, but I discovered tonight that it was running away from what I felt and from the truth. Moving on to another chapter was a lie I was making to myself to feel better. Because of the movie, I think I have renewed courage to accept and acknowledge what I am feeling, and hopefully take the RISK that I am so afraid to take.

I may regret the decision I will make, but in the long run I will realize that I took the leap and was honest to myself. I think that PEACE OF MIND at the end of the day will be worth it. I don't want to live my life thinking of all the "WHAT IF's". I want to be able to look at my past in the future saying at least I tried and I lived a LIFE WELL LIVED.


Love is definitely a COMPLICATED matter. It's so good to have, but so PAINFUL to lose. So why do we still LOVE? It's because the good feeling outweighs the bad, and we would do everything and anything to get a hold of the GOOD FEELING because in the end what matters is that you found the person you are willing to spend the rest of your life with.

Today, COURAGE is the word of the DAY!

Good night and Sweet Dreams


Until Next Time, Fierce Ladies

XOXO

Andrea

2 comments:

  1. Aww...so true! Sometimes, we just have to take a leap of faith.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For what its worth, I will take that RISK and leap. I just can't say exactly when. Thanks Sel : )

    ReplyDelete