Wednesday, February 15, 2012

MY SVG (Singles Valentine's Group)

Of all my New Year's Resolutions, this is the first one I have broken so far. I said I did not want to be part of this VALENTINE'S Single's Group anymore. Unfortunately, God has other plans for me now. So Y-E-S!, I am still SINGLE.

I actually told my friends yesterday that the SVG just gets bigger and bigger each year and that no one seems to have left ever since I started this group 6 years ago. We started out as a group of 4 or 5 people who decided to have dinner together in The Old Spaghetti House on Valentine's Day and the rest is history.

Year 3- Tender Bob's, Promenade



Year 4- Uncle Cheffy, Eastwood



Year 5- Borough, Podium


Year 6- Giligan's, Galleria


Last night we were about 20 people during the dinner (old members still there), and this is when I decided that though it was fun to have your friends around when you feel sad and alone, I still wanted to have something more.

We decided to meet in Giligan's, Robinson's Galleria. I tried reserving the place a week before, but they didn't want to accept reservations which is honestly quite annoying. A lot of restaurants would love to have reservations since it guarantees customers. Unfortunately, this restaurant wasn't open to the idea.

6 of us arrived about 5:45 p.m., and got a table for 20 people. The waiter and manager were quite annoying to begin with. They asked me what time the people would arrive, and I said "6 p.m"., and then someone asked me again what time our dinner would begin, so I repeated what I said previously and said " 6 p.m. ang usapan pero medyo traffic ngayon so di ko masasabi kung exactong 6 p.m. darating ang mga tao ok?" I think he got my point because he left immediately afterwards.

At about 6:10 p.m., 5 more people arrived, so we started ordering. We asked the waitress whether a group of 4 or 5  people could have separate bills just so that it was easier to split the bill. The waitress returned and said that they didn't allow it, which we honestly thought was quite STUPID! Anyway, I didn't want to dampen the mood of everyone, so we decided to agree to have just 1 bill, which made it difficult for us to compute afterwards.


At about 6:30, everyone was there. We ordered and ate. Food was reasonably priced and tasted really good, which made up for the really bad service. To make things worst,  we asked for water as soon as we arrived, and it was served when we were almost done eating.

I understand that there were a lot of people, but they had a lot of STAFF as well. Besides, they should have anticipated that it was Valentine's Day. Anyway, with the service they gave, I realized it was their good food and affordable prices that kept the customers coming.

After dinner, we had a few drinks, and had a chance to listen to a relatively new but good band. At about 9:30, we wrapped up everything and called it a night.

My friend Rina and I, still watched a movie afterwards. The Vow made me cry. It was a really touching movie about a guy whose love for his wife triumphed even when his wife lost her memory. He gave his all just to keep the marriage. If all men were born this way, I don't think there will be such a thing as DIVORCE and ANNULMENT. It was the perfect movie to watch on Valentine's.


I got home past midnight, and I was grateful for the wonderful friends I have. I texted each one saying how wonderful my Valentine's Day was even though I did not have a special someone on that day.

Honestly being single is not as bad as it seems. I have a lot of "ME" Time , and I have a lot of time for my friends and family. I also get to concentrate and stay focused on work. Though having someone special in my life would mean extra MOTIVATION, I still feel that being SINGLE has its advantages.

I vowed not having another Single's Day next year, but I will honestly miss the great company I had yesterday and in the past six years. I see it as CLOSING a CHAPTER in my life and deciding to move on to another more exciting CHAPTER.
To end:
If I may quote an exceprt from  Pedro Arrupe S.J

What you are in love with,
what seizes your imagination, 
will affect everything.

It will decide what will get you out
of bed in the morning,
what you will do with your earnings, 
how you will spend your weekends.

Fall in LOVE
Stay in LOVE,
and it will decide EVERYTHING.

This is the next chapter I hope to see in my life : )


Until Next Time, Fierce Ladies

XoXo

Andrea





No comments:

Post a Comment