Thursday, May 10, 2012

Why It's More Fun In The Philippines Part 1

This summer I had the chance to go around. I went to Korea, and that has been written about in my previous blog. However I haven't had the chance to write about my trip to two AWESOME places here in the Philippines: Bellarrocca Resort in Elephant Island, Marinduque and Cebu.

Last 2011, my friend informed me of a promo voucher to go to Bellarocca. At first, I was quite hesitant because there were a lot of scams out there, and I did not want to fall victim to those things. I did not want to plan and expect a beautiful trip, only to be disappointed in the end. Anyway, eventually, we were all convinced because the offer was just really good: Buy 1 Take 1 for 22,000. Normally, it's 22,000 for 1 person. All four of us, (BG GIRLS)--- if you want to know what BG stands for, it's in one of my previous blogs--- agreed to have the Bellarocca trip on April 2012. Honestly, the wait was super duper long.

The view exactly outside our hotel room

After my 1 year wait, I can say that it was what I expected. The place is quiet and peaceful. It's a place more for the young couples or for those newly married. Here, you can have all the alone time you want. The hotel rooms and villas are to die for. Beds are too comfortable that at one point I was just tempted to sleep all day. The view around you is breathtaking and the beach, though not having white sand, is a great place to swim. Of course the food and service is excellent. It's a complete package : )

Here are some pictures of Bellarocca Island
 Bellarocca Island

 BG arrives in Bellarocca

At the Hotel Lobby

My favorite part of the room



View from the Infinity Pool

Sunset


Can you imagine me in Greece?

A view of Marinduque--- the heart shaped island

By looking at the pictures, you'll definitely fall in love with this Greece-like island. However just like most trips, there were some flaws to it. 

First, the only plane that would get you to this small paradise is Zest Air. I don't think I have to elaborate how great their service is (Being Sarcastic Here!). I actually believe that eventually this airline will kill Bellarocca's business soon. To give you an example of how bad their service is: my 1:30 p.m. flight became a 6 p.m. flight. Can you just imagine how late it was already for the people who were just arriving. I was lucky that it was my departure that got delayed. Aside from the horrible airport or should I say nipa hut, the plane was really dirty, aircon was not functioning properly, and the aircraft had a disgusting smell as I entered. I'd definitely go back to Bellarocca if given the opportunity, however, I'd prefer a different airline if possible.

Second, everything is really expensive. Food is priced from 350 to 650. Yes, I must admit it tastes good, but to spend 400 per meal on average is quite not my thing. Take note, there is only 1 restaurant in the Island, so you actually have no choice where to eat, however, there is a wide variety of food to choose from.

Third, aside from sleeping, walking around, eating and swimming, there is not much to do. You can rent their DVD's or sing at their karaoke room, but if you are the party type of person, and you are looking for some happenings then this is not the place for you. It is nothing like Boracay if that's what you are expecting.

Fourth, they don't have stores or groceries, and their souvenir shop only sells branded items like a dress worth 18,000 but actually looks 150 pesos for me.

All in all, I'd rate this place an 8.5 over 10. It was a good place to relax and get out from the very busy life of Metro Manila, but honestly, with their new rates of 44,000 a night in a hotel room on 95,000 per night in a villa, and the crappy plane that has to get you there, I'd suggest that you try some other place. I'm sure there are more fun places in the Philippines.





No comments:

Post a Comment