Monday, January 16, 2012

Tried and Tested Beauty Secrets

I miss blogging. I must admit I have been very busy since I got back to work. Well, aside from work, I also go to the gym 3 to 4 times a week, so I get really tired and go to sleep immediately when I get home.

Since I missed sharing my thoughts, I decided to write something that hopefully you, Fierce Ladies, would enjoy.

I promised myself that I would pamper myself more this 2012 and because I am sticking to my New Year's Resolution, I'd want to share some Beauty Secrets that I have been doing or have tried once or twice in my life.



1. I hate it when girls have dark elbows and knees. No matter how beautiful you are, people will always notice these parts of your body. So how do you keep it soft and white? Rub fresh lemons in circular motion for 5 to 10 minutes and leave it for about 20 minutes. Do this 2 to 3x a week, and in no time you will see great results.


2. Do you want to get rid of those stubborn blackheads?Wet your face with warm water, get a bit of brown sugar and honey and rub it on your nose for a few minutes. Wash off and wash as usual. 
You may also try opening a used tea bag and rubbing the leaves on your nose. Make sure to always rub in circular motion. 
Just a reminder: Our skin is very sensitive so please be gentle when rubbing your nose.



3. Cellulite is a problem all women encounter. Whether you are thin or a plus size, we all see those small dimples in our thigh area. So how do we solve this problem? Well, first of all you have to know that it won't disappear in a day or two. It will take time and a lot of patience and effort. After brewing your hot cup of fresh coffee every morning, remove what's left of your coffee from the filter of the coffee maker. Rub it for about 15 minutes on your thighs or any part of your body which has cellulite before taking a shower.  

4. To get rid of oily and lifeless hair, add 2 teaspoons of baking soda to your favorite shampoo.

For very dry hair, wash your hair with mayonnaise or 2 egg yolks. Leave on your hair for about ten minutes. I know this sounds disgusting but it really works. After ten minutes, rinse off and shampoo as usual.


5. Are your feet dry and cracked? Apply petroleum jelly before going to bed and wear socks while you sleep. You'll wake up to the softest feet you could ever imagine.


I will be posting more beauty secrets soon. For now, try these and tell me how it goes : )

Until next time, Fierce Ladies

XoXo

Andrea

3 comments:

  1. Yay you're writing again!

    I follow number 5, and yes, it works :D For the brown sugar thing, I'm too lazy to get it from the pantry, so I just keep some St. Ives apricot scrub handy.

    And remember the Nivea creme I told you about? I use it at night for best results. In the morning I use a moisturizer with spf. :) I don't think my skin will ever be model perfect, but it's the best it's ever been since I was a baby haha! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy that you are writing again!!! I love it! hehehehe

    Just like reeyah. I also have St. Ives apricot scrub handy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much : ) Honestly Apricot scrub really works, but I like experimenting with natural things I can just get from the kitchen haha! And they actually work

    ReplyDelete